A few people have asked me about the recipe for the cheesecake I made for my dinner party. So here it is. I have a friend who has celiac disease so I used gluten-free digestive biscuits for the base. But bog-standard McVities work just as well.chocolate and salted peanut cheesecake
for the base
75g salted peanuts
2 tbsp golden syrup
for the filling
150g dark chocolate
200ml double cream
100g caster sugar
500g full-fat cream cheese
150g crunchy peanut butter
Heat the oven to 150C
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and then whizz it together with the digestives, peanuts and golden syrup in a food processor.
2. Press this mixture into the base of a 20cm springform tin, lined with greaseproof paper, and place in the fridge.
3. Put the chocolate and cream into a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and leave it to melt.
4. Whisk the eggs and the sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the cream cheese and peanut butter, then fold in the chocolate and cream mixture.
5. Spoon this mixture onto the biscuit base and smooth flat with the back of a spoon.
6. Place a roasting tin half-filled with boiling water in the bottom of the oven. This may seem like a bit of a faff but it stops the top of the cheesecake from cracking. Bake on the middle shelf for 1 hour 15 mins. It should be just set but slightly wobbly in the middle.
7. Cool in the fridge immediately and decorate with chocolate curls and crushed peanuts.